Thanks so much Candace @ Literary Dust for nominating me for this award! You all should definitely check out her blog. Her reviews are great, and her daughter’s video reviews are the cutest!
What does the word Liebster mean? Liebster is German for sweet, favorite, and dearest.
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
Questions From Candace
- What are your other hobbies besides your blog?
Obviously, I read, but I also love writing more than reviews. I posted my manuscript on Swoon Reads for a chance to be published, and it can be found here! I also run. I’m not that fast, but it’s my choice of exercise and something that I love to hate.
2. What is your all time favorite book?
Oh goodness – this is a difficult one! I would have to say that my favorite book is probably City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. Her Mortal Instruments series was one of the first YA series that I read and around the time that I fell in love with reading in middle school. I’ve read it multiple times and still fall hard for Jace every time.
3. What is the worst movie that is orignally a book first?
I would have to go with the City of Bones movie. While it did give me an excuse to read the books again, I cringed at the ending. They gave away one of the biggest spoilers ever! I had to suffer through three books to figure that out! I haven’t watched much of the tv show, but I’m glad their trying to give the characters life (though I wish they would have done movies instead).
4. Favorite Male and Female book characters.
This is another difficult questions, so I’ll list one of my favorites for each.
Favorite male character: Isaiah Walker from Katie McGarry’s Crash Into You. I love her books, but I fell hard for this one. It might be my favorite of hers yet, and for me that’s saying something. He’s the right mix of broken bad boy with a sweet side. Even though I understand nothing about cars, McGarry wrote a character that was understandable.
Favorite female character: I’m going to go way back and say Lucky “Lucy” Hamilton from Alyxandra Harvey’s Drake Chronicles. She’s sarcastic, witty, and kicks butt. Plus, I love Nicholas Drake probably as much as she does. These are wonderful vampire books, and I could read them over and over again.
5. If you could live anywhere where would you?
New York! I love, love, love New York! I visited it last summer and fell in love with the city – it exceeded every expectation I had ever imagined. There’s just something about the atmosphere of the city that’s magnificent. My second choice would be London. I can’t wait to visit one day.
6. Three words that describe you.
Sarcastic, Bookish, Observant
7. Book you are currently reading or last read.
I’m BETA reading Siobhan Davis’s next book in her Saven series, Saven Defiance. It’s so good already, and I’m invested in this series. If you love sci-fi, romance, and hot aliens, this series is perfect.
8. Favorite food.
Bread. I love all kinds of bread.
9. What is the next movie you want to see?
This is Us seems interesting. Plus, it has Milo Ventimiglia (Team Jess Forever!).
10. What time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time.
11. If you could do anything tomorrow what would you do?
Jump on a plane and go somewhere, anywhere. I love traveling and exploring new places. One of the saddest things I ever hear is when someone tells me they’ve never been anywhere new and exciting. The world is such a fascinating place, and I want to see as much of it as possible.
Eva @ All Books Considered
Abbygale @ The Panda Book Blog
Natasha Anne @ Dreamland : A Teenage Fantasy
- What’s one book that you hated that everyone else seems to love?
- What’s your reading goal?
- Would you rather forget what a book is about the second you finish it or read only the same book for the rest of your life?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Have you ever said you read a popular classic even though you haven’t?
- Your favorite past time that isn’t reading.
- What is your favorite dessert dish?
- What is your favorite television show?
- Favorite fictional character that is not in a book.
- What is your guilty pleasure read?
- Would you ever go skydiving and why?